Resilience to COVID-19 through digitalization (ResiCOdi) is a 24- month action co-financed by European Union and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development and implemented by Enabel and GIZ.
The action was initiated in a Team Europe approach and aims to use digital solutions to strengthen the resilience of education and health systems to COVID-19 in the Eastern, Southern Africa and Indian Ocean Region.
With regards to the action and in close collaboration, Enabel and GIZ leverage existing projects to ensure an integrated and sustainable response.
GIZ will build on the established BACKUP Fund Initiative to provide technical and financial support to African partners working on digital solutions for basic education services.
Enabel will strengthen successful TVET and health projects to facilitate COVID-19 resilience.
GENERAL OBJECTIVE OF THE ACTION
To mitigate the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic in the Eastern, Southern Africa and Indian Ocean Region.
- Digital solutions to foster quality and continuation of education services are improved.
- Digital solutions to foster quality and continuation of TVET and education services are improved.
- Digital solutions to foster quality and efficiency of health services are strengthened.
The project covers Eastern Africa, Southern Africa and the Indian Ocean specifically the following countries: Botswana, Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Madagascar, Malawi, Namibia, Rwanda and Zambia.
Enabel focuses its action on Burundi, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Rwanda.
- Relevant ministries
- Civil society organizations, civil society coalitions and other education stakeholders
- Education professionals (e.g. teachers, head teachers, local education officers, ministry staff)
- Learners (with a focus on school age 6-17, basic education)
- Partner ministries and government agencies in Burundi, DRC and Rwanda
- Learners, students and users, with a focus on vulnerable youth and women/girls
- Teachers, educators and administrators of training institutions
- Partner ministries (health sector) in Burundi, DRC and Rwanda
- Provincial and District Health Management Teams
- Laboratories, health facilities, medical and paramedical training institutes
- Individual health professionals
If you have general questions about the action, please contact the Project Coordination Unit through email@example.com