Through the intermediary of Enabel's Global Partnerships department, Enabel implements projects for other donors, in particular for the European Commission.
These interventions are either linked to our governmental development cooperation projects, or realised independently possibly outside of Belgium's thematic sectors or even outside its partner countries.
The three principal objectives pursued are:
- Enhance the impact of the Belgian Development Cooperation
- Develop networks and public partnerships
- Develop Enabel's expertise and innovation
Enabel has worked in particular for:
- The European Commission
- The French development agency (AFD)
- UK cooperation (DFID)
- Dutch cooperation (DGIS)
- Irish cooperation (IrishAid)
- Swedish cooperation (SIDA)
- Luxembourg cooperation (LuxDev)
- Flemish cooperation (DIV) and French-speaking cooperation (APEFE)
- The World Bank
- FPS Finance (FINEXPO)
Certification for the European Commission
Since 2008, after a 'six pillars' assessment, Enabel is a recognised partner of the European Commission. This certification was renewed in 2015. It allows the European Commission to directly delegate certain development cooperation tasks to Enabel.