Every country in the world faces the challenge of protecting its population. But how to set up social protection? Where to start?
At Enabel we are convinced that access to health care is a human right, and that a strong and lasting political commitment is needed to achieve this. Read more about our vision in the brochure we published on the subject.
You can also find 8 fact sheets describing different aspects of the implementation of social protection in health:
- The role of health-care performance pricing in the organisation of Social Health Protection/Universal Health Insurance
- Incorporation of free-of-charge policies in a single national system of Social Health Protection/Universal Health Insurance
- Contracting process
- The role of advocacy for health service users and the whole population in a SHP/UHI framework
- Role and engagements of states in SHP
- Operationalising and professionalising a single national SHP/UHI Insurance system
- Options for the organisation of Social Health Protection (SHP) and Universal Health Insurance (UHI)
- Building universal health insurance that maximises equity: risk analysis and mitigation measures, a decision support tool